At 12:00:01 on 15 January 2012, John Holland Rail became the rail transport operator of the Country Regional Network (CRN).
It was a historic moment that saw us become the first accredited private rail transport operator of a government owned heavy rail network in NSW and one of only three accredited managers of public rail infrastructure in the State.
As the manager of the CRN, we deliver rail operations and maintenance services on the CRN on behalf of Transport for NSW - Country Rail Contracts. We provide network access for our freight and passenger rail customers and maintain more than 5,000 kilometres of existing rail infrastructure throughout regional NSW. This includes:
- 2,386 kilometres of operational freight and passenger lines
- 3,139 kilometres of non-operational lines
- 27,000 hectares of land and infrastructure
- 1312 level crossings (300 active)
- 1200 property assets (including 356 heritage)
- 600 rail under-bridges, and
- 384 road over-bridges.
Our goal is simple. We want to improve the availability and performance of the CRN for our customers and our communities.