Works are being completed by TfNSW’s contractor, John Holland Rail (JHR). JHR operate and maintain the Country Regional Network across NSW under a ten year contract with TfNSW.
Why is the work being completed?
These works are being undertaken to replace deteriorated timber elements of rail infrastructure hence extending the life span of the bridge and to ensure continued safe passage of trains and protection for the community.
- Removal of timber transoms and replacing with a composite long-life transom with increased durability.
- Installation of an access walkway parallel to existing tracks.
When will work commence?
Works are currently scheduled to be completed by the end of May 2019, subject to final approvals and weather conditions.
Site operations will continue to run from:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 6:00pm
- On Saturday 18 May and Sunday 19 May 2019 works will occur between 7:00am and 5:00pm
- Scaffold will be removed on Monday 27 May between 6:00am to 6:00pm
How will I be affected?
Through out April and May, traffic control will be in place when crews are on site, with traffic reduced to one lane. There may be short delays during this time.
A full road closure will be in place from 24-27 May 2019, with the detour for motorists via Rocket Street. We’ll be posting VMS boards on the approach to the works, outlining changes to traffic.
We endeavour to minimise disruptions to local traffic and business as best as feasibly possible.
Please contact our Community Relations team on 1300 661 390 or email email@example.com for further enquiries.