Safety & Environment Induction

There is nothing more important than the safety and security of our employees and the contractors who work on or near Country Regional Network (CRN) rail infrastructure.

Our identification processes and online Health Safety, Environment & Sustainability (HSES) Induction Program ensure that contractors and Third-Party Protection Officers, are fully aware of and comply with  procedures and legislative requirements that will impact their safety while working within the CRN.

All contractors, Third-Party Protection Officers and other visitors to our sites must comply with our strict Work Health and Safety, Environmental and Rail Safety obligations. 

Completing our online Health Safety, Environment & Sustainability (HSES) induction program and satisfying our identification processes for carrying out rail safety work and non-rail safety work on the CRN is a requirement.

How to complete the online HSES Induction Program

  1. Access the John Holland CRN eLearning Centre
  2. Click on the ‘Register as new user’ link
  3. On the following ‘Create New Account’ page, complete all mandatory fields and ensure you select ‘Country Regional Network’ as your project. This will allocate the correct eLearning modules to your profile.
  4. You will be sent a link with your log in details
  5. Complete the following two modules: Global Mandatory Requirements & Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainability Induction
  6. Download your certificates from the ‘Training History’ page
  7. Upload your certificates to your Rail Industry Worker Profile (National Role: ‘CRN Operator – On Track’)

Contractors who are required to undertake Rail Safety Work

All contractors who are required to enter the rail corridor and undertake rail safety work on the CRN must hold a Rail Safety Worker Identity Card issued by Metro Trains Australia (MTA) as part of the Rail Industry Worker (RIW) program.

If you have previously undertaken rail safety work on the CRN and do not hold this card you will need to apply and be issued with a card by MTA before you commence work on the CRN.

Please read this information about how to apply an RIW Card.

If you already hold a RIW Safett Worker Identification Card, issued by MTA, we still require you to log into the RIW system and upload any additional competencies as per our CRN requirements.